Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Brother Thinking

Received a mail from my youngest brother today, really humbled me, anyway , am sharing it with you, and you and you too, (unedited cept for some naughty details)
with a message, stop and think about what's really important and who really matters.


Kudos to you Sr. Sibling !!!

I am at work filing off the hours to complete my 8 hours stint as per my employment contract. Truth be known, as the saying goes, this tupai is waiting to fall la.. so I need to find the extra drive to get me to work.. My evaluation was Excellent and Exceed which means I am playing my cards well however there is really no place in my orgn for a person like me.. Sigh..

Anyways nuff about me.. I visited the site of our Eldest.. I am impressed.. Very eloquent and intresting.. I see he has his band of brothers along side to support him. Todays posting had a sad tone at the lost of his friend.. so nothing really much I can comment on.. However one thing I noticed.. I too have this tendencies to want to share with the world my existence. However for the fear of release too much information, I do a weekly update for the entertainment of my buddies.. I always wondered where these feelings had rooted itself from.. NOW I KNOW.. It seems tat I have taken much of my outlook to life from my eldest.. Well honestly I dono whether to be thankful or curse and spit.. One thing for sure, I know my life and who I am is model after our Celebrity.. Strange but true.. It was nice to read and recognize the emotions convey in messages on the blog.. Funny how siblings are.. Dude you should however write more about everything around you as well.. Maybe its premature as you are only beginning to stretch your feet..

Was on the home front over the weekend.. Actually I had planned to stay in KL and Ooore Suthe.. However Amma called and I spoke to Amma on Saturday and my heart almost fell to the ground. I told amma I wasn’t coming home and I felt the disappointment in her voice.. It Sucked major but then I just was too lazy to go home.. so nonchalantly I ignore the hush disappointment Amma felt in me.. I then asked how was Cherimmas’ Bday.. I ofcourse in my aimless life had forgot to call cherimma despite reminding myself many times..Anyways what Amma said next almost had me in tears.. In her gentle unassuming manner amma told me how she went and bought a Cake for cherimma.. Immediate a vision came into my head of how our two ladies were sitting together just the two of them alone despite having us Children close by, and singing Happy Bday and blowing candles.. Of course tats not exactly wat happens in our family… We hide our emotions as we never really were brought up with Hugs and Kisses.. Amma bought cake, no formalities.. just cut cake labeled it as Cherimma birthday.. I felt so useless.. what kind of Son was I.. How could I let these 2 people sit there alone and enjoy the day while I sat and enjoyed my stupid life.. Anyways I was so guilty and planned to go home the next day and make up for it…

I went home and took the ladies out.. And GOD I tell you… We are the luckiest people on earth to have parents like ours. These two ladies are amazing.. Just sitting and chatting with them makes you so proud to be part of them.. They are so kind, gentle, unselfish and blessed with godly innocence. Despite all the challenges they face from our so called relatives, they always find some humor in life. It was just amazing sitting with these gentle creatures enjoying the simplistic life the led and the whole essence of being.. I felt like I was in heaven and why not , as hindu we know God is in ourselves.. and I feel like I am with God everytime I am with them.. Later that night while we all prepared to retire, I saw Amma going to cherimma room to sleep and I asked Amma.. why you going there.. you got your own room now wat.. You wouldn’t believe wat Amma said.. Amma said.. cherimma was sick and cannot walk properly so she wanted to be close incase anything cherimma wanted… I was shocked..! Never had I heard or seen acts of selflessness in my life. This was Love.. The true Love that People always professed to have felt but in reality never came close. It was so beautiful and endearing to watch how they love each other so much. In our absence they had built a bond beyond siblings.. They were truly best friends and relied on each other for every including emotional support.. This was family, this was Nirvana.. this was hinduism at its best.. I felt humbled like never before.. We often think with our exposure and worldly travels we were wise.. but in reality most of us are the biggest morons in the world.. we have nirvana right infront of us but yet we go in pursuit of foolish things to satisfy our immediate emptiness. Here was an example of eternal and pure love.. Man I was lessoned..

So the weekend was quite the Catalyst for my rethinking again.. Life? It can be complicated or it can so simple … why not choose simple and enjoy the finest gifts God has given us.. Our Parents.. Food for thought ?

Anyways I thank god for them always and am so proud to have them.. I will try to be a better person because of them and hopefully earn the right to be their son..!

CIAO CHIN CIAO My siblings !!!

Salam Sejahtera / With Best Regards,

minied

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyo...

I see editing is not one of your finer points.. malufyingkan only

Minied...!

MALDIVES REF said...

That was nice at least seeing the two "CREATURES" together will help to make this creature a better creature. Please don't call you amma and (must be granny) creatures. Finally I think you found what is called true love. Show it before you do not have the chance to do so and you will not regret when they are no longer there.